This Globally Harmonized System (GHS) / Hazard Communication (HAZCOM) awareness training course is made for the employee or handler of hazardous chemicals as well as provides them general knowledge and preparation under OSHA 29 CFR 1910.1200. The learner will leave the class with the general awareness of GHS and how to put it to use in in their workplace.
This half-day GHS training class will evaluate the old standard and then highlight the alterations to the new standard. After you leave the training you will know precisely what to modify at your place of business.
Topics covered in Globally Harmonized System (GHS) / Hazard Communication (HAZCOM) awareness course:
- Introduction of GHS Globally Harmonized System
- Obligations and duties of suppliers, employers as well as workers
- Hazard training courses and categories
- The supplier label
- Work place labeling
- SDS (Safety Data Sheets)
- Training program requirements
- Special instances, consumer chemical substances, laboratories, and also samples